This tutorial is about the How to Utilise Google Sites. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Utilise Google Sites. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How to Utilise Google Sites
If you are designing a website on Google Sites, why not take inspiration from our website design on Google Sites? Alternatively, if you want to provide your business with a private intranet, take a look at the intranet design you can get from our Google Sites Intranet Design Examples. As you’ll see in our design examples, we’ve worked with many companies to create innovative and effective public websites and secure intranets using Google Sites.
How to use Google sites
Create the site
- Open Google Sites. Go to https://sites.google.com/ in your web browser. This will open the Google Sites page if you’re signed in to your Google account.
- If you’re not signed in to your Google account, please enter your email address and password to sign in before continuing.
- Click New Google Sites. It’s on the left side of the page. Doing so opens the latest version of Google Sites.
- Click “New” Image titled Android_Google_New.png. This red circle with a white “+” icon is on the bottom right side of the page. Your new site page will open.
- Enter a title for your home page. Type the title you want to use in the “Your Page Title” field at the top of the page.
- Create a Google site address. Click the “Enter Site Name” text field in the upper left corner of the page, then type the word or phrase you’d like to use for your Google site.
- Your site name must be unique, so you may be prompted to choose a different, unique site name at a later time.
Upload a cover photo. You can add a photo to the top of your home page by hovering over the image at the top of the page, clicking Change Image at the bottom of the image, clicking Upload from the dropdown menu, select a photo and click Open .
Click POST. It’s a purple button in the upper-right corner of the page.
Click PUBLISH when prompted. Doing so will create your Google site on the domain
- Open your website. Go to https://sites.google.com/view/sitename (replace site name with your Google site address). This will open your Google site.
- Click “Edit” Image titled Android7edit.png. This pencil-shaped icon is located at the bottom right of the page. Clicking it opens the Google Sites editor for your site.
- Check the editing options. On the right side of the page, you will see a column with various options. This column is divided into three main tabs:
- INSERT: Add a text box or photo, or embed documents or videos from other websites (or Google Drive).
- PAGES – Add a page to your site (eg “About”).
- THEMES – Add a different theme to your site. Themes change the look and feel of your website.
- Remember to preview your changes. Whenever you make a significant change (for example, adding a text box) to your site, you can preview what the change will look like in a live version of the site by clicking the “Preview” button in the form of eye at the top of the page. .
- It’s best to preview your changes before you publish anything.
- When previewing a site, you can click different screen sizes at the bottom right of the page to see how the website will look on a computer, tablet, and phone screen (right to left). ).
- Click the INSERT tab. It’s in the top-right side of the page. This is the tab that opens by default when you open the editor.
- Insert a text box. Click Text Box at the top of the column.
- Add a divider. Click the Divider element to add it below the text box.
- Move items around. You can click and drag the divider up to place it over the text box, or you can click and drag the left corner of the text box to move the text box.
- Add an image. Click Images at the top of the column, select an image location, click an image you want to embed on your website, and click Select. This will insert it in the middle of the page, at which point you can resize it and move it around the page.
- You can upload photos to Google Drive and then select them on your Google site.
- Insert other content. Depending on what you want to add to your site, this will vary; however, you can add the following elements to your website:
- Google Drive Documents: Click Google Drive in the right column, then select a file.
- YouTube / Google Calendar / Google Maps – Click on one of these headings in the right column and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Google Docs: Click on one of the document types under the “Google Docs” heading in the right column and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Complete your home page. Once you’ve added and rearranged the content on your home page, you’re good to go.
- Publish your changes. Click PUBLISH at the top right of the web page. This will not exit the editor, but will save your changes.
add a page
- Click on the PAGES tab. It’s at the top of the right column in the editor. This will bring up a list of the current pages on your website, the only one of which should be the “Home” page.
- Click the “Add Page” icon. This paper-shaped icon is located at the bottom right of the page. A popup menu will appear.
- Click DONE. It’s at the bottom of the pop-out menu. Doing so adds the page to your website.
- Edit the page as needed. Like the home page, you can insert elements, add files, and customize the position of different elements on the page.
- Click PUBLISH when you’re done. This will save your changes and send them to the live version of your website.
- Click the THEMES tab. It’s at the top of the column on the right side of the page.
- Select a theme. Click on a theme you want to preview. If you do, your website theme will change in the main window.
- Select a color for the theme. Click on one of the colored circles below the theme name to preview the color.
- Different themes use different color palettes.
- Click Font Style. It’s a dropdown box below the colored circles below your theme name. A dropdown menu will appear.
- Click on a font name. Doing so will select it and apply it to your website preview.
- Click PUBLISH when you’re done. This will save your changes and send them to the live version of your website. At this point, you can continue adding pages, inserting content, and changing the theme as desired.
Final words: How to Utilise Google Sites
I hope you understand this article How to Utilise Google Sites, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.