As a WordPress user, you’re probably well aware of the importance of choosing a quality wordpress hosting provider.
You’ve no doubt heard horror stories of people who have lost their sites due to less-than-reliable providers. We understand that selecting a hosting company can be tricky, with all the jargon and flashy ads flying around out there. But don’t worry — in this guide, we present the best wordpress hosting providers for 2022.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers List
We’ve rounded up some of the most recommended WordPress hosting providers on the market right now, gathered for your convenience, and compared their pros and cons to help you make the right choice!
- Convesio – Best WordPress Web Hosting Provider
- Bluehost – Entry-level shared wordpress hosting plan for $2.75 a month
- HostPapa – Web hosting provider with free domain registration
- Cloudways – Best Managed WordPress hosting
- Siteground – Flexible hosting plans and performance-enhancing tools
- Verpex – New WordPress hosting site with 99.95% uptime
- Host Armada – SSD cloud-based hosting packages
- Godaddy – Best for cheap WordPress Hosting
- A2 Hosting – Best Cloud Hosting for WordPress
- Interserver.net – Unlimited storage, bandwidth, websites, and email
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: Compared
Of course, it’s important to consider more than just customer reviews when picking a web host. One of the most important factors is reliability. If your website goes down or has frequent issues, you’ll lose money and potentially alienate customers—both very bad things. It’s important to find a provider that can guarantee uptime and deliver consistent performance.
Here are some of our top picks broken down:
1. Convesio – Best WordPress hosting Convesio
Using Convesio, managed WordPress hosting will be revolutionized. This hosting firm could be the creative solution to managing and developing the online enterprises that you’ve been waiting for, thanks to its revolutionary management tools, ground-breaking features, and scalable architecture.
- Database Clusters – You can use Convesio’s database cluster technology to combine different databases into one master database. On the other side, you can easily scale it up by creating a new cluster. This feature is an excellent way to optimize the MySQL database that’s used in your website.
- Lightning-Fast Loading Speeds and Uptime – Convesio supports very fast loading speeds and is out of the ordinary in terms of uptime. Because of this, your website will not experience any technical issues, as it does not experience downtime at all.
- Automated Scaling – Convesio easily handles scalability, even if you have a lot of traffic. It uses an automated load balancer (ALB) that can automatically increase web server instances whenever necessary and decrease them whenever there’s less traffic.
Pricing per Month
- Level 2 – $150
- Level 3 – $300
- Level 4 – $600
- Level 5 – $1,000
- Level 6 – $1,600
- Level 7 – $2,400
- Powerful functionality for its users
- Easy to use, minimal learning curve
2. BlueHost – Entry-level shared wordpress hosting plan for $2.75 a month
With Bluehost, you can set up a website in a matter of minutes. There are millions of people using it to run their internet businesses, establish new ventures, and develop new things.
- Entry-level Pricing – For a low starting price, Bluehost provides basic shared web hosting services. Bluehost is a safe and cost-effective solution if you’re just getting started with a website. In addition, as previously noted, a free domain name is included with your registration. When compared to other low-cost options, this is a nice feature that distinguishes it from the competition.
- Quick and Simple Setup – With Bluehost’s simple and guided step-by-step setup, you can have your site up and operate in no time. You may also use their chat help facility if you have any issues.
- VPS Hosting – VPS, or virtual private server hosting, is when your site is hosted on a shared server but has its own virtual space. Because VPS hosting is less expensive than dedicated hosting but provides greater security and performance than shared hosting, it has become a popular choice for many businesses.
Pricing per Month
- Basic – $2.95
- Plus – $5.45
- Choice Plus – $5.45
- Pro – $13.95
- Incredibly easy to set up
- Ideal for beginners
- Free SSL certificate
- You’ll get charged for migrating sites
- The basic plan isn’t very scalable
3. HostPapa – Web hosting provider with free domain registration
There are a few tempting aspects of HostPapa’s reasonably priced hosting plans, which include a reasonable amount of possibilities. For Canadian small businesses, this may sound like the ideal option when coupled with first-rate self-help support, but its limitations may scare away others.
- Eco-friendly Approach – Among its competitors, HostPapa is best distinguished by its commitment to green practices. Their eco-friendly attitude is obvious in their use of 100% renewable green energy to power their data centers, web servers, and office electronics.
- Excellent Knowledge Base – Despite its simplicity, HostPapa’s official blog is full of fascinating and useful articles on a variety of themes relevant to both current and new clients. The blog appears to be updated once a week based on the publishing dates from 2020.
- Excellent Customer Support – HostPapa’s customer support team is available almost around the clock. You can reach them by email, telephone, or live chat, though most of the time the live customer service agents are conveniently waiting for you to contact them.
Pricing Per Month
- Starter – $7.99
- Business – $12.99
- Business Pro – $19.99
HostPapa currently has a discounted offer for the first three years so you’ll get a 35 to 70% discount depending on which plan you choose. However, the prices will revert to the original price after 3 years.
- All their plans come with free domain registration
- Domain transfers and migrations come at no charge
- The self-help page is extremely comprehensive
- The cheapest plan can support hosting for two sites
- It doesn’t have free automated backups
- If you want to purchase add-ons, it can quickly become expensive
4. Cloudways – Best Managed WordPress Hosting
Cloudways’ unique approach to cloud hosting sets it apart in a crowded sector. It lets you choose from five platforms, including Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform, and allows you to join up for a free trial without using a credit card. Its lack of features like domain registration and email is a tad disappointing. Thoughts on this amazing cloud hosting service?
- Site Cloning – Cloudways gives you the ability to create a copy of any website and essentially “paste” it as your WordPress site! It’s quick, simple, and really handy for when you decide to move websites to another location.
- E-commerce Tools – The hosting service gives you access to e-commerce options like product images and descriptions, listings, and payment processing. It lets your customers save their shopping carts as well as track your sales. You can also monitor your account activity and manage your finances.
- Security Features – Cloudways engineers protect your installation from assaults by regularly releasing operating system and firmware upgrades. Cloudways also provides free SSL certificates, which are required if you plan to sell anything.
Pricing per Month
- Digital Ocean – $10 to $80
- Digital Ocean Premium – $12 to $96
- Linode – $12 to $90
- Vultr Standard – $11 to $84
- Vultr High Frequency – $13 to $100
- AWS – $36.51 to $274.33
- Google Cloud – $33.18 to $225.93
Cloudways uses numerous clustered servers to balance website demand; it does not offer shared, VPS, or dedicated hosting services. Instead, it offers different hourly cloud hosting plans that only charge you for the time you utilize. If you cancel a plan after 10 days, you’ll only be charged for 10 days of hosting.
- Extremely simple and quick set up
- Impressive uptime
- There are multiple flexible account tiers to choose from
- Offers a free trial
- Does not support domain registration
- You need to pay extra for email
5. Siteground – Flexible hosting plans and performance-enhancing tools
SiteGround is a renowned shared hosting service with numerous hosting options. These include WordPress, cloud, and dedicated servers.
Overall, SiteGround has near-perfect uptime (99.99%) and speed (457 ms). A competent, efficient, and friendly customer service team All options include a CDN, SSL, and email accounts.
- Unmetered Bandwidth – Set your site upon SiteGround, and you’ll get unlimited bandwidth without paying extra for it. This is a very appealing approach, especially for those who have a lot of traffic and require more bandwidth than most shared hosting providers.
- CDN – All site options include a Content Delivery Network (CDN), which takes advantage of multiple geographically dispersed data centers to ensure rapid delivery of site content to users worldwide.
- Free Email – All options include a free SiteGround email account, including unlimited storage space, 10 GB of monthly data transfer, and a spam blocker.
- Daily Backup – This one is a real gem. SiteGround gives website owners a free and automated backup every day. This feature is invaluable in the event of a disaster.
Pricing Per Month
- 1 Month – $19.99
- 12 Months – $14.99
- 24 Months – $11.99
- 36 Months – $10.49
- 1 Month – $29.99
- 12 Months – $24.99
- 24 Months – $19.99
- 36 Months – $17.49
- 1 Month & 3 Months – $44.99
- 12 Months – $39.99
- 24 Months – $31.99
- 36 Months – $27.99
- 99% uptime
- Above-average loading time
- Great customer support
- The renewal rates are quite high
- The cheapest plan is quite limited
6. Verpex – New WordPress hosting site with 99.95% uptime
Verpex is a new hosting company, founded in April of this year. It has offices in London, Bulgaria, and Bali, and data centers in Canada, the USA, Brazil, the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, India, Singapore, and Australia, among others.
- WordPress Hosting – Verpex provides dedicated WordPress hosting, which is the only option that does not include free domain registration. This is definitely disappointing but if you’re an experienced webmaster, you can do the research necessary to find a new provider that offers this feature.
- cPanel – All plans include the cPanel control panel. It has a simple management interface and many built-in utilities. One of its key easy-to-use tools is Softaculous, which supports hundreds of popular CMS systems and scripts, including WordPress.
- Quick Loading Speeds – All plans use SSDs instead of HDDs. SSD storage processes website data faster and more reliably. This impacts the speed, stability, and general performance of your website.
Pricing per Month
- Bronze – $3.50
- Silver – $5.50
- Gold – $9.99
- Growth – $23.99
- Professional – $49.99
- Expert – $59.99
All options are available monthly or annually. There is a generous 60-day money-back guarantee on annual billing cycles. Credit/debit cards or PayPal accepted.
- Excellent money-back guarantee
- Runs on CloudLinux OS
- Free domain
- Doesn’t support dedicated servers
- Its pricing options aren’t the best
7. Host Armada – SSD cloud-based hosting packages
This web hosting company is pretty new to the game. As of late 2019, it has been based in Delaware, the United States of America. Hosting for WordPress and WooCommerce, virtual private servers (VPS), and dedicated servers are all available through this rapidly expanding company. All of the major countries in the world are represented by HostArmada’s network of servers.
- 99.9% Uptime – In order to provide 99.9% uptime, HostArmada uses KVM virtualization and Redundant Storage replication. This configuration makes it simple to replace components (such as CPUs, RAM, and SSD storage) while also reducing the likelihood of a system crash.
- One-Click App Installer – Hundreds of well-known applications may be installed with a single click using Softaculous. In addition, you can use the free drag-and-and-drop website builder from HostArmada to start from scratch and pick from pre-made designs and themes. There is no need for any prior knowledge in the field of technology.
- Exceptional Storage Options – Also included is a cloud storage space of between 15 and 40 GB. Cloud SSD drives are far faster than traditional disk drives, which improves the overall performance and speed of your website.
Pricing per Month
- Start Dock – $3.89
- Web Warp – $5.39
- Speed Reaper – $6.29
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent uptime
- Quite reasonably priced
- Does not offer remote assistance
8. Godaddy – Best Cheap WordPress Hosting
GoDaddy is the largest domain registration and web hosting company in the world. It serves millions of customers worldwide. The company has an outstanding reputation, and customer service is excellent.
- Advanced Security – The security measures used by GoDaddy include the latest in encryption, a unique infrastructure that keeps sites safe from cyber attacks, thousands of servers in over 300 data centers around the world to guarantee fast connections, and others.
- SEO Ready – GoDaddy has a dedicated SEO team that helps clients get their sites to the top of search engines. This level of support will guarantee success in your quest for a truly great website.
- Multi-Site Hosting – This feature provides you with full control over your websites, including the ability to create multiple sites under one domain name (you choose the names of your other domains) and to manage multiple servers using one Web interface.
The first year of GoDaddy’s Economy plan costs $2.99 per month, and each subsequent year costs $7.99. It costs $4.99 per month for the first year, and $8.99 after that for unlimited websites (Deluxe plan). After a year of service, the most powerful plans (Ultimate and Maximum) cost $16.99 a month.
- Fast loading times
- Good customer support
- High level of security
- Complex pricing options difficult to understand
9. A2 Hosting – Best Cloud Hosting for WordPress
It’s a good bet that you’ve never heard of A2 Hosting before, but you should. Why? Their reliability, speed, customer service, and security features are all top-notch, and they offer generous refunds. On top of that, they’re also concerned about the environment.
- Unlimited Bandwidth – Both their shared and cloud hosting plans come with unlimited bandwidth.
- Fast Load Times – The company utilizes SSDs and employs technologies like HTTP/2 and Gzip compression in order to make websites load fast.
- SSL Certificate – This certificate provides the highest level of encryption and trustworthiness when you install it on your website. It is endorsed by Mozilla, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, WordPress, among others.
Pricing per Month
- Startup Shared – $2.99
- Turbo Boost Hosting – $6.99
- Managed VPS – $33.99
- Managed WordPress – $11.99
- Dedicated Servers – $105.99
- Full of features
- Excellent uptime
- Good customer support
- The managed WordPress hosting plan is quite expensive
10. Interserver.net – Ulimited storage, bandwidth, websites, and email
As a New Jersey-based firm, InterServer offers a refreshingly independent hosting solution built on current equipment that is created, installed, and managed in the company’s datacenter. Unlimited storage, bandwidth, email, and SSL certificates are included in InterServer’s strong shared plans, as well SSDs with a ton of power and free migrations. A domain name costs $7.99 per year.
- Weekly Backups – In case you want to revert back to a previous version of your website, you can do that by using InterServer’s weekly backups.
- Full Migration – If you’re switching from another web hosting provider due to terrible service, you can get started with InterServer at no extra charge. All you have to do is choose the option in the control panel and follow the instructions.
- Raid-10 Storage – This type of storage is a little slower and more expensive than traditional storage, but it comes with some advantages as well. It has twice the capacity of standard hard disk drives, and it’s nearly instantaneously accessed by all programs that access hard drive space.
Pricing per Month
Interserver.net pricing varies depending on a lot of factors. To get a custom quote, you’ll need to get in touch with their sales team and pick your desired domain or service directly on their website.
- Good customer support
- Many features included for the price
- The prices are quite confusing
How To Choose a WordPress Hosting Provider?
Deciding on a top-notch WordPress hosting provider can be difficult and time-consuming, especially considering the wide range of providers out there. To make matters worse, it is not easy to compare providers without doing research; when you search for information on web hosting providers, you’ll find hundreds of reviews and ratings.
Here are some of the key features and metrics to look out for when choosing a WordPress hosting service:
As a rule of thumb, look for a provider that has an uptime of at least 99.9% or higher. Uptime is the amount of time in which your website is available to users, which is vital to converting visitors into sales or inquiries.
Speed is crucial to your website’s conversion potential. In fact, research shows that a site’s load time is one of the most important ranking factors for Google search results. Slower sites are likely to see fewer conversions and more bounces.
Online security is a growing concern. In fact, 36.5% of internet users are skeptical about making online purchases, and only 41% of businesses have an SSL certificate installed on their site(s). With all the sophisticated ways to hack into a website and steal information, it’s crucial to use an SSL certificate to protect your site.
Free Domain Registration
This is a must-have feature if you plan on registering your domain. You’ll need your provider to set up your domain and forward it to your website.
Domains are non-negotiable if you want your site to appeal to a global audience. In fact, this is one of the most important things to consider when choosing a host and is also a very effective way of choosing a hosting service provider for WordPress. As we’ve mentioned earlier in this article, Bluehost is regularly praised for its awesome domain service.
Great Customer Support
Free support is incredibly valuable, but be careful to not mistake a free support channel for 24/7/365 live chat. Some services offer free phone or email support but not 24/7 live chat; this situation is bad because if you experience a problem in the middle of the night or on a weekend, you’ll have nowhere to turn for help. A good rule of thumb is to look for providers that offer 24/7 live chat and offer it with a quality response time of under 60 seconds.
What Is WordPress Hosting ?
A WordPress hosting service is a company (or organization) that provides the infrastructure necessary to run your WordPress site. These companies lease server space, bandwidth, and other necessary hardware to you or your business.
Generally, the user stores their own content on the provider’s servers and uses custom software, such as WordPress itself, to manage it.
These services are usually charged by bandwidth usage or the number of hosted domains, making them more affordable than paying for a dedicated server.
Are There Different Types of Hosting Providers?
WordPress hosting providers typically offer three types of hosting plans. Each plan has its own unique pricing and features.
In shared hosting, the provider is the only host; this means that you won’t have your own server or website. Rather, your content is shared among other users on the same server. You are not allowed to install your own software on this type of service, and you cannot use it for commercial business purposes.
VPS stands for a virtual private server. It is similar to shared hosting but with a few more advantages and increased flexibility. The most notable benefit of VPS hosting is the ability to install your own software. As a user, you have full root SSH access to your dedicated server, thus enabling you to install any type of software you want.
Dedicated hosting is the most expensive option as it offers the ultimate degree of flexibility and control. As a dedicated hosting user, you are given full control of your server, thus allowing you to install any type of software and design any type of site.
Cloud hosting is often misunderstood, and for this reason alone, many potential users think that it’s not a good option. However, cloud hosting is one of the best possible ways to get the most out of your website hosting service.
Cloud hosting uses virtualization to allow users to access server resources over a network. It adds another layer of abstraction between the user and the physical hardware through which they are able to harness vast amounts of resources within single or multiple servers.
WordPress Hosting Sites Compared
Below, we’ve compiled our top picks in table form to help you make an informed decision at a glance.
|Hosting Provider||Price||Special Features||Rating|
|Convesio||$5 to $2,400||Database clusters, lightning-fast loading speeds and uptime, automated scaling||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|BlueHost||$2.95 to $13.95||Entry-level pricing, quick and simple setup, VPS hosting||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|HostPapa||$7.99 to $19.99||Eco-friendly approach, excellent knowledge base, excellent customer support||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|CloudWays||$10 to $274.33||Site cloning, e-commerce tools, security features||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|SiteGround||$10.49 to $44.99||Unmetered bandwidth, CDN, free email, daily backup||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Verpex||$3.50 to $59.99||WordPress hosting, cPanel, quick loading speeds||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Host Armada||$3.89 to $6.29||99.9% uptime, One-click app installer, exceptional storage options||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|GoDaddy||$2.99 to $16.99||Advanced security, SEO ready, multi-site hosting||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|A2 Hosting||$2.99 to $105.99||Unlimited bandwidth, fast load times, SSL certificates||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Interserver.net||Custom||Weekly backups, full migration, raid-10 storage||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
Conclusion: What Is the Best WordPress Hosting Site?
All of the WordPress hosting providers in this guide offer excellent services and are suited for different needs. Regardless of your budget or niche, you’ll find a solid option on our list.
Looking at the factors mentioned above will help you get a clearer idea about what is truly important for your website and business, making it easier to determine which provider is best for you. However, Convesio is our top pick when it comes to flexibility, affordability, and overall user experience.
How much does it cost to build a WordPress website?
Do I need to host my domain and website with the same provider?
How do I install WordPress on my web hosting service?
Is it easy to switch between hosting providers?
Do WordPress hosting companies have automatic site backups?
Is WordPress beginner-friendly?
What is the best WordPress hosting?